Wednesday 29 July 2015

DYSTONIA: NHS TROUBLES AGAIN

I have had DBS in me for nearly 10 years now. I have had the best of times and the worst of times, at the time of writing this it is one of the worse times.

I reported my worries to my DBS team down in Salford in November after I had a fall on an icy day and I got a lump on the back of my head, it took over a month for them to see me on the occasion and in that month I got progressively worse.

It is now nearly August and I am still going backwards I have called them and complained so many times and they keep saying everything is fine within the system, I would of accepted that but after my troubles down at Bristol I know my own body and my brain is shouting at me and saying THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE SYSTEM!!!

I have expressed this to the team in Salford and one of the reasons why they are reluctant in opening me up and exploring the system is money, It really does frustrate me as I did not ask for this condition nor did I do anything to catch this horrible condition.

I have finally got an appointment on monday which I am not looking forward to as my DBS Docter does not have a clue about the boston DBS as I am the only person who he deals with the new system in everyone else he works with has the Medtronic system in there bodies.

I get so mad when I drive down to Manchester and nothing ever gets sorted or anything gets solved which is such a waste of time plus a waste of fuel which is expensive! I would love to meet someone who works with DBS everyday but that dream will never come.

THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE WHO READS THESE BLOGS

To anyone who reads this with the same frustrations about the NHS tweet me @myroylelife

No comments:

Post a Comment