Monday 23 March 2015

WHEN DYSTONIA TOOK OVER MY LIFE AND THE BULLYING STARTED AGED 3

Dystonia took over my life and started to ruin my childhood when I was aged 3, I had just started pre-school just at the bottom of our street, My brother, who is 10 years older than me went there and he loved his time at St Josephs but it was a living nightmare when I started there.

The first sign there was something wrong was one day I was playing in the play ground and I started trailing my left arm behind me when I was walking and I started to have a limp in my left leg which was soon caught the eye of some of the teachers who were always on playground duty. 

It got worse as the kids in my class started to notice that I was not like all the other kids in the playground and a group of 7 soon jumped at the chance to bully me. It started with just the odd shout across the playground then it started to get worse. I remember one morning I was struggling into school and in front of me all 7 of the group was copying me and they were walking with a limp and there left arms behind there backs. They were really started to take things to the next level as I started to deteriorate day by day.They surrounded me one day and started pushing me around and taunting me about the way I walked and held my arm. 

I will always remember on a Sunday night a TV program called 999 was always on BBC 2 and straight after it was finished it was my bedtime, I used to love that show but all the time I was at that school I was just in a trance watching it knowing that tomorrow was Monday and it was another week of torment and bullying. I used to go to bed and just lay there and cry myself to sleep as I dreaded the next day of school. 

We reported all this to the teachers and they just sat back and did nothing about it. They even called in my parents and asked them if I was getting looked after properly at home as they thought I was doing it for attention. Looking back now that must have been so hard for my Mum and Dad to hear as they always gave me the best and I was always looked after. My Mum and Dad was so upset they immediately took me out of that school and my living nightmare was over.

PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT IF YOU ARE FINDING THIS BLOG INTERESTING

No comments:

Post a Comment